Group #6 - Blog Post 3: User Testing, Writing and COVID -19
Blog Post #3
User testing, writing and Covid-19
Kristin Eidsheim, Tommy Kojen, Camilla Bakke Hermansen, Live Aadneram Enevoldsen, Marie Presthus
Since the last blog post we have been busy user testing and interviewing our final informants. We've spent a lot of time transcribing all the interviews and analyzing the data from the eye tracking and the stress bracelet. We distributed the amount of work as evenly as possible between each other, and the work flow has been good thus far. After transcribing every interview and analyzing all the data we made a document that highlighted the most important findings and everything we thought would be relevant for the later report.
Just when we were about to the start on the report the outbreak of the Covid-19 virus hit Norway. The University of Bergen closed all their locations and classrooms after just a couple of days, which left us without a meeting place. The quarantine rules also became a lot stricter and some of us decided to return to our homeplaces and to continue the work through online meetings. There have been a couple of challenges considering this way of work, like having to call or text each other and wait for a reply instead of just discussing the issue face to face at school like we would normally do. But we have managed to adapt to this new routine really well.
We are closing up on a finished report that is due this Friday, so we have been busy writing this past week. We've also had a couple of feedback meetings with Lars, Andy, Ronald and Fredrik, where they've given us feedback on the findings and on the draft of the report.
Lastly we want to talk a little about our experience working with Scary Weather, our thoughts on climate communication, a brief summary of our results and our reflections on this class overall.
Working with Scary Weather and their installation at the University Musem has been a lot of fun and educational. We've gotten a lot of help and information from Ronald, and he has inspired and motivated us through this first module. When it comes to climate communication we've learned about the seven principles for visual climate change communication and affective images of climate change, which we have also incorporated into the report and based our main findings on. Some of our main findings is that the informants struggle with navigating the globe, the animations are too small and not intuitive at all, and that the videos doesn't contain any "new" information. All the informants already knew about everything the videos showed.
The class overall so far has been very educational. It has been exciting to learn about eye tracking and how to analyse data from all the tests, as well as learning more about climate communication. Now we are all looking forward to submitting the report and to (hopefully) start on Modul 2 next week!